Monday, November 5, 2018

Random Verse - Psalm 42:8

By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me — a prayer to the God of my life.
- Psalm 42:8

God is not simply a being that exists in some far off place and is uninterested in our day-to-day lives.  He is the one who created everything - all that has ever existed in the universe.  That includes billions of stars and planets and things we can't even imagine.  It also includes us.  It includes you.  God is my creator.  He formed me and molded me.  He has had my life in his hands every step of the way.  God loves me and is always at work in my life.  He is the God who loves and the one who saves.  When I look at my life, I see evidence of God all along the way.  I know he is still there, still moving in ways I cannot always see at the time.  He is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. 

Thank you, Jesus, for never letting me go, though I would deserve it.  Thank you giving me life and love.  Thank you for guiding me in this life.  While I too often stray from what is right, you are always there for me, always loving me.  Thank you for your sacrifice and your forgiveness.  You are my salvation and my stronghold, and I know you will never let me go.  I love you Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment