Friday, November 12, 2010

The Sin Paradox

Sin is a paradox.

I know I am a sinner, and that sin is inevitable, yet I hate it when it happens.

It is unavoidable, yet intolerable.

It separates me from God, yet learning from them makes me stronger and brings us closer.

I know something is a sin, yet I do it anyway. I know something is good, yet I fail to do it.

I look down at others who do things I know to be sin, and yet I also do things I know to be sin. I find fault in the mistakes of others, yet make excuses for why my faults aren't as bad.

I sin because of my human nature, yet it is my weakness that makes me human.

Sin is what I hate, yet my desire for it is strong.

I try to hide my sins from the one who sees everything, yet I fully reveal my faults to the blind world.

I seek to be perfect, yet I know it is unobtainable. I have no desire to die, yet I know that perfection will only be reached after my last breath.

I sin in full knowledge of its wickedness because I long for its pleasure, yet even my sinful nature cannot enjoy it because of the guilt I feel.

I regret today what I did yesterday, yet my flesh already has its sights on the sins of tomorrow.

I wish I could change the sins of my past, yet those sins are part of who God created me to be today.

God forgave my sins before they were committed, and saw into my eternity before I was born. He loved me, though he knew I would betray him; he wrote my name in the book of life, though he already knew I would deserve death. He is eternal, yet died for the mortal; he is perfect, yet was slain for the wicked.

I love him with all my heart, though my heart is impure and stained. I learn from him, though I cannot comprehend him. I need him, though I cannot touch him. I follow him, though I cannot see him. I live for him, though he already died for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment